Its Easter, it’s a potluck and you just remembered. Don’t worry, I got you covered. Chocolate Pretzel Basket with Krispy Easter Eggs – follow the super easy instructions below and maybe even save some of the eggs for the basket ;]
- 1 cup Chocolate morsels (milk or dark)
- 1, 12oz bag salted pretzel sticks, like Snyder’s Dipping Sticks
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Package (10 oz) Mini Marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Assorted Sprinkles
- 1 Package Small Chocolate Easter Eggs
- Non-stick Baking Spray
- Plastic Easter Eggs
- Using about a two-quart size stainless steel bowl, press one sheet of plastic wrap across the bottom and up the sides of the bowl and then another crosswise with a little hanging over the sides. Make sure the plastic wrap is as smooth to the bowl as possible to prevent air bubbles.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave on low power for 30 seconds and then 15 second increments until the chocolate is mostly melted then stir until it is completely smooth.
- Pour the pretzels into the chocolate. Using a rubber spatula, turn the pretzels gently in the chocolate until they are completely coated. You can add more pretzels as long as you can get them coated, but it is okay if they aren’t completely covered and some pretzel is still showing.
- As you continue to stir the chocolate and pretzels it will start to thicken up. Before it starts to set, use your fingers and arrange the pretzels in the bottom of the lined bowl and start working your way up the sides. Place the bowl in the fridge and allow the mold to set.
- While the basket it chilling, start on the Krispy Easter Eggs.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely incorporated. Remove the marshmallow and butter mixture from the heat and add the Rice Krispies – stir until well coated.
- Lightly spray the inside of the plastic eggs with non-stick baking spray as well as your hands to make it easier to work with. Fill both sides of the plastic eggs with the Rice Krispies with one side slightly over-filled. Add a small chocolate egg to the center, pressing gently. Close the plastic egg to help shape the egg. Gently open the plastic egg and remove the Rice Krispie egg, decorate it with your choice of sprinkles and set aside.
- Once the chocolate pretzel basket is set, carefully lift the plastic liner out of the bowl. Set the basket on a serving platter or dish and peel the plastic wrap away from the pretzels. Place the Rice Krispie eggs inside and enjoy the fruits of your labor – don’t forget, you can eat the basket too!